Sunday, June 1, 2008

Busy Week

Our friends and neighbors asked if I could fill in for their regular sitter Tuesday. It was fun/busy day. Bailee and Ryile are 6 days apart and are best friends, Owen is 5 months and Ella is 2 months. I was pretty much feeding one of the babies or the two girls all day. I felt triumphant when all four of the kids were asleep at the same time!! Thant was short lived though. It was so fun to watch Bailee and Rylie interact with their siblings. Those two girls are such sweet hearts and love to help with the babies.





I still feel like I am playing catch up from my week in AZ, so my days this week were filled with laundry and other house work.

On Thursday night I went Visit Teaching, yes it was at the very end of the month. But I was able to visit ALL of my sisters and had very nice visits with each of them. I love to visit teach. It is such an amazing way to get to know other women on spiritual level. I am so thankful that I get to visit those three lovely ladies each month and share with them my testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Friday, Matt picked up the pickets for the last side of our fence. We have left the one side open between our neighbor's and our yard because our kids played together so often. For a couple of different reasons we both decide that we were ready for the fence to be put up this year. It is so exciting to finally have it done. Now that the fence is up it almost feels like we are in another yard. We still have lots of plans for the landscaping, but that will be for next year.



Saturday was very filled. Matt finished the fence while I went yard saleing with my friend Melanie Neilson, we found some great deals! When we got back it was off to a baby shower for my friend Tawni Thompson. Then Saturday afternoon Matt went swimming with the scouts and I stayed with the kids. I attempted planning my sharing time that I had forgotten to plan earlier in the week while he was gone but I didn't get very far. When Matt got home I wanted some fresh air and since we both need to get in shape for backpacking in like six weeks, we went for a walk with the kids. We went 2 miles and I carried Owen in the pack for a little conditioning. Of course my pack for the trip will be lighter than carrying Owen. Thank goodness, he is getting to be a chunk! Once the kids were in bed I worked on my sharing time more, but still ended up doing all of the finishing touches before church.

1 comment:

Karin said...

Congrats on the new fence! It looks great. I bet You will love the privacy of having your own space and know where your kids are and what is available for them to get into. =)