Friday, June 20, 2008

Dairy Days Parade!

One of my favorite things to do in the Summer is go to the Dairy Days Parade. My mom has been taking me since I was a kid and each year it seems to get bigger and longer. This year it was and hour and a half long! She tell me every year the the first one was only 15 minutes. It also seems that the bigger it gets the earlier we have to get there to get a spot. So this year I picked my Mom up from work at 5pm and mad e quick stop at Wendy's drive-thru to pick up some food to eat while we waited. We got one of the best spots! We parked in a parking lot of a business that was closing soon and then set up our chairs right in front of our car on the sidewalk. It was so nice. We spent about the first hour waiting in the car and then moved out the side walk for the rest of the time. We had so much fun. I am so glad that they still do the parade each year.

Waiting in the car before the Parade. Bailee didn't take a nap earlier so she fell asleep on the way to pick up my Mom. She woke up briefly to be handed her chicken nuggets and then went back to sleep.

Waiting out on the side walk. Owen was happy until I go the camera out to take his picture.
Bailee is so good to get up and put her hand on her heart for when the flag goes by. She did better than some other people that where there.
Bailee waved at most of the floats and cars as they when by and would get so excited when they waved back. One of her highlights was when she got to High-five one of the men driving a Shriner's car. She was about in tears when he drove by without touching her hand. But Gramma came to the rescue and hurried her down the road a bit to catch up to him. She was so excited when she cam back and given the man in the car a high-five.
Yes! They still give out Chocolate Milk, Sting Cheese, and Ice Cream! You have to eat and drink it fast though, it was 100 degrees out during the parade!
This was one of my favorite entries! I love that Meridian is still a little hick town at heart!
With it being and election year the candidates didn't hold back on their propaganda. the whole street was lined with yellow feathers on kids heads.
Even though Meridian is getting so big I still saw people that I know. We were right across the street form my friend Jen's family. I never got their attention so I took a picture of them.

2 comments:

Karin said...

That is so awesome Tami!
I love all the pictures, but I'm so glad you got a picture of the yellow bug. There were so many bugs in our HS parking lot, that brought back great memories, and I love the warrior headdress on Owen. He's a little chunky monkey!
I'm glad you got to go!
Do we have any plans while we are in town?

Janae' said...

Wow.. Love all the pictures. I miss those parades..