Sunday, February 24, 2008

A New Calling

The Bishop called yesterday morning (which I thought was SO weird) to see if he could come by (even weirder) to talk to Matt and I. Of course Matt was at work so the Bishop couldn't come until later in the afternoon. So that gave me a few hours to speculate and worry about why on earth the Bishop would be coming to our house to talk to us on a Saturday. I figured that Matt's calling was safe because they don't change the Scout Masters that often and he has only been in there for about a year and a half. So that left me trying to figure out all of the open callings that I knew of. Lets just say that I wasn't even close to figuring this one out.

I have been called to be the 2nd counselor in the Primary!

So at first I felt a little relieved that it wasn't what I had thought it might be. Then I got nervous, I just feel WAY TO YOUNG for this calling! And now I am getting excited, after being in Primary for 4 1/2 years I will now get to give my input and maybe help make things happen. It is going to be busy, sounds like I am going to be over Cubs, so it will be scouting all over the place at out house. It will be nice, Matt and I will be able to go to Round Table meetings together.

I am really excited to work with these other women, I really admire them and look forward to getting to know them better. We will have a lot of fun.

5 comments:

Janae' said...

You will do great Tami!!

Karin said...

this is the PERFECT calling for you! Both you and Matt have a passion for Scouting to go right. YOU will do great. Have fun shopping for your Scout Shirt! Oh hey, I just had a thought! I should mail you mine!!!! I don't think I will need it for a while! Let me know and I will mail it ASAP!

Amy said...

You're going to do a great job! And serving with Lori will be so fun!!!

Britney and Kevin said...

That is a fun calling. I had it for a while. Let's just say I was glad I wasn't President! It can be crazy at times but you grow to love each kid and really caring for all of them to come to church.

The Thompsons said...

Congratulations... you will do great!!!