Friday, February 15, 2008

Birthday Celebration

We had such a great time with GG last night, we just visited and ate...I think mostly we ate. I made dinner for her and her favorite dessert that she said she hasn't had in years... chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. She made it pretty easy for me. I put the candles in the shape of an 86, I didn't do 86 candles, because we set her cake on fire one year doing that when she was only in her 70's. We love visiting with GG. I think that over all she had a good birthday, she recieved lots of birthday cards, phone calls and even suprise gifts. She is the best and deserves all of what she recieved. We feel pretty lucky to have been able to share that special day with her.
If anyone is wondering why I didn't post any pictures...I forgot my camera!!!!

3 comments:

Janae' said...

I am so glad you spent the evening with Gramma. Thanks for being such a great support to her, since the rest of us are so far away..

Karin said...

Complete Ditto to Janae's comment!

Fullmer said...

I tried leaving a comment awhile ago but it didn't work, so here goes number two!
Thanks for finding my blog, it's always good to hear from old friends! Congrats on little Owen by the way, he's so cute, you have an adorable family! Take care and keep in touch!