Sunday, March 16, 2008

Whew!

I got through my first Sunday conducting and doing Sharing Time in Primary. It is amazing how intimidating those little kids can be. I was so worried about messing up something... I did. But the world didn't end so I guess it is ok. Thank goodness that kids are forgiving. I almost gave out all of March's birthday cards instead of just this weeks. Then we were recognizing a boy who achieved his Faith in God award and I left his book with the signatures of the Bishop and the previous Primary President in them at my house. Then I planned to share the same story out of the Friend as my presidency message as the 1st Counselor planned for Junior Sharing Time, so I totally winged another story. It was a kind of crazy Opening exercises, but things got better once Sharing Time started. Oh and thank goodness for singing time, I sure needed the break after I was done with my sharing time. To quote one of the eleven year old kids "Keeping the commandments is cool!" So I guess I got my point across.

What a Day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey sister hansen this is Sydney Parker and I taged you from my blog!!!!!

Becca said...

You did a good job, don't worry. I am sad about leaving Primary, but I'm okay. One subject I want to bring up is that my class has to go to opening exercises. That means that the kids that have to leave at 3:00, (which includes Kaylee, Me, Bradly, and now Sunny) have to skip half of the lesson. So I was wondering if we cold skip opening exercises. Maybe join the older kids into one class and have the younger ones in one class. Maybe talk with the presidency and it may happen. Just a thought. Love you, see you next Sunday! Becca

P.S. You have to do the tag, if you don't know what to do look at Me and Sydney's Blogs and do those questions on your blog.

Karin said...

Whew sounds right. Good bye to lazy Sundays. You will have it down in no time. Sounds like fun!