Thursday, March 13, 2008

Mean Mom

Ok, so I think that this is pretty normal. Your 2 yr. old has "one of those days" and so you slowly lose your patience (or quickly in my case today). It is pretty easy to lose your patience when your 2 yr. old drops your 2 month old on the floor and then hits him because she is mad at you, right? So after a long time out for both of our sakes we are still butting heads. I made an Executive decision (you get to do that when you are MOM!) that Bailee would have to be buckled in to her booster chair for lunch. At some point over the last six to eight months she decided that it is no longer cool to be buckled in. So of course that didn't go over well. I told her that she had to stay in her seat until she ate ALL of her lunch. Then when she was almost done she called to me to come let her out, I was feeding Owen so I told her she would have to wait. Again, that did not go over well. Shortly after I hear her voice getting closer and I looked up to see this.
The mean mom in me couldn't resist the photo opp. She came out of the kitchen still buckled into her chair. Now I must say... That takes some determination.
She changed her mood just a little because in this day and age you can't take a picture of a child with out them wanting to see how it looks.
Just look at that face! Can you see how hurt and angry she was at mom. " How dare a mom use the buckle and then not let me out when I was ready, I'll show her!" (my interpretation of the look, of course)

7 comments:

Janae' said...

oh those 2 year olds!!! I am so glad you took pictures, you will cherish them later!!

Emily said...

How funny! 2 is such a crazy age. They can be so sweet and then so frustrating the next minute. We definitely have our moments with Logan everyday. Give her a year or so and things will seem easier. She is still quite a cutie.

Debbie and Boys said...

So I'd say she has something of determination in her blood! Oh, life gets so interesting with a toddler, no one can imagine unless they walk right through it. You're doing a great job. I had fun tonight. I totally want your help with my blog. I love yours!

Britney and Kevin said...

That is so funny...what determination. It reminds me of the song on Power Toons. (Bryan knows what I'm talking about) I don't know if you've ever heard of it, but there is a perfect song, "Determination" that goes perfect with her face.

Amy said...

OH MY! Now that is FUNNY! Bailee is such a little stinker! But cute too!

The Thompsons said...

She is so funny!!! She looks so cute with her hair all done and her cute outfit with tights...whenever something like this happens at my house, and I just have to take a picture, they ususally have really messy hair and are in their pjs!!

Davis Family said...

I laughed so hard at this and made my husband read it too! So funny!