Monday, March 24, 2008

Skiing at Tamarack

On Saturday we went skiing at Tamarack. It was great to get away for the day. My mom came and watched the kids. We got up to the hill around ten. We went and got Tami fitted for her skis then we headed for the Magic Carpet (that is a fancy way to say the kids hill). Tami went down a couple times and picked up what she had learned as a kid. We then went to the Discovery chair, that is the bunny hill. It wasn't much of a hill it was more like the bunny ski run. We went down there a couple times and Tami was getting pretty good. She is a quick learner. Around noon we went to the car to eat our sandwiches and take a break. Tami need to give her knee a rest so I went out by myself for a couple runs. Of course, I went straight to the top. I borrowed some skis from my friend and I needed to test them out. It was a blast. I went straight down as fast as I could. Those skis would turn and carve really easy. I went and woke Tami up and we went out again. The weather was beautiful and we enjoyed spending time with each other. At the end of the day Tami took her skis in and I went for one last run. As I got done and skied toward the car I saw someone trying to jump start our car. Tami listened to the radio a little to long. Luckily security was able to get our car going. Despite Tami's childhood horror stories and skiing mishaps I think she actually enjoyed herself. 

1 comment:

Karin said...

love the pictures, especially the all famous self portrait...so funny about your car!!! I am so glad you both had so much fun. What a great date!