Thursday, November 20, 2008

A New Addition

We have a new addition to our family. The news came a few weeks ago, but have hesitated until now to share the news with all of our friends and family.
A few weeks ago Bailee was playing by herself, it was so cute. She was singing and laghing so I decided to go and see what she was up to. I listened closely to the song she was singing. It wasn't familiar to me so I knew that it was a Bailee original. She was singing all about a girl named JENNY WINCO. I thought it was cute and brushed it off as another one of Bailee's songs that she would forget in a few minutes. I was almost right. She did for get the song, but not JENNY WINCO.
Jenny is a 3 1/2 year old with pink hair, she is sometimes potty trained and sometimes not. She joins us at every meal and goes with us everywhere. Jenny is Bailee's imaginary friend. It is quite funny and annoying at times. Bailee has quickly learned when we try to use Jenny to get her to do what we want. Bailee has not slept in her bed for about 2 weeks now other than a nap or two because she wants to sleep by Jenny and there is not enough room for both of them in her bed. So each night we make a bed for Bailee and Jenny on her bedroom floor.
We are getting used to having Jenny at our home but look forward to the day that her mom comes home from work and wants her to come home. (Bailee says that Jenny's mom is always at work so she doesn't miss her) We don't know much about her dad, but he is at home most of the time, but doesn't miss jenny either. What a sad little family. So if you see Jenny's mom, please tell her that she can come and pick her up at our house at any time.

7 comments:

Janae' said...

Ok, she is my bosom buddie and you just made my week.. Kiss that little neice a million times on the cheek for me today!!!

Stephanie said...

She is so cute - I wonder if she will sleep on her cars bed this week if Jenny won't fit! haha can't wait to see you!!

allstar said...

I am cracking up!!!!
That is the funniest thing ever!
I just wish I was there to see this

Diane said...

Oh my goodness that is so adorable I love it. Maybe her dad should call her on the phone one day. :) Maybe that would help. How cute is that.

Lori said...

I thought you were announcing that you were pregnant! Ha! How would that be? Good luck with Jenny, sounds like her stay might be more permanent than you'd like! Good luck.

Laurie Nelson said...

There are so many things that went through my mind when I read the title of your post. I am so pleased for you. Becca had a "sister" named Toa that stayed with us for several years. Toa became the scapegoat for many bad behaviors. I pray Jenny behaves herself at your house and doesn't wear out her welcome.

Melanie said...

I can't quit laughing. Bailee is just to cute! Wish we could meet your new addition, Jenny sounds lovely.