Thursday, July 31, 2008

Growing Up Girl

Matt's parents have been wanting to take Bailee for a few days for a while now. We thought that it would work well for Bailee to go home with Mom and Steph after our Scrapbook weekend and then we would meet them in Twin Falls and go to the Temple Open House together. So the time came for them to leave and all of a sudden I realized that she was leaving me! I have left her to go on the girls trip and to go backpacking, but she has never left me for more than a trip to the store or a date with Daddy. Mixed feelings flooded me, but I knew that it was all just a test to see if we (Bailee and I) could handle her leaving for a whole week sometime. Leaving home for the first time and not sad about it one bit!
Bailee had so much fun with Maama and Papa. They took her to the IF Zoo and to see Papa at work. She had so much fun being the center of attention for a few days.
We met them in Twin Falls to go to the open house and also take Bailee home. Bailee was so excited to go through the beautiful temple again. It is so great to see the little children recognized the good feeling they get while they are in a house of the Lord. I feel so blessed to be able to learn through a child's eyes. They always see things in a simple and true way.
Since we went to the Temple, Bailee will put on her white sandals (she calls them her wedding shoes) and tell me that she is going to the temple to get married. It is so cute. I just love hearing her perspective on things.
My best friend, Amy got to come with us to the temple Open house too. I was so glad that she got to come with us. Amy was my Maid of Honor, but because we were married in the temple she didn't get to do a lot of what a traditional maid of honor does. I was so glad that I got to take her to see what it is like in the temple. She was able to see the beauty of the sealing room, I hope that she was able to feel how special the temple is to me and my family. I am thankful that we are a forever family.

No comments: