Tuesday, July 8, 2008

GG's Raspberries

Ever since I was a kid I have gone to my Grandma's house to pick raspberries in the summer. It is one of my favorite things to do. My grandma always has cream and sugar to go with the raspberries, it is so yummy. For me that is the taste of summer. This year Bailee was old enough to pick them too. She has been waiting for several weeks now and was so excited when the day finally came that she got to pick them. We have been over there and out to see the raspberry bushes a few times and she has been hoping each time that she would get to pick. I was so excited to share that summer tradition with her this past week. Teaching Bailee what a ripe berry looks like.

She was so proud of how full her bucket was getting, even with Daddy's help.
They are so beautiful.

5 comments:

Janae' said...

I loved seeing that. MISS those raspberries soso much. But mostly sitting across from grandma and grandpa eating them. You are so blessed for your kids to live by grandma.

Mnisa said...

Thanks for sharing. This brings back memories of HAVING TO pick the raspberries as a chore growing up, lol. But then I always loved having the raspberries with cream and sugar or raspberry jam. Thanks for helping spark some fun memories.

Mnisa

Britney and Kevin said...

That looks so yummy! I remember doing that at my great grandma's house! I miss traditions like that as a kid!

theRach said...

That is so fun; I used to pick raspberries at my grandma's house, too. And your kids are adorable, by the way!

Kayleen said...

So many fun pictures lately! I just LOVE raspberries! Can I come over next year? :)