Sunday, June 6, 2010

The BIG day!

With only 7 weeks to plan, the time went fast, but I think we were all ready for the big day to be there. When it finally comes all you can do is hope that you have all your ducks in a row and that everything will go smoothly, especially when you have never really planned an entire wedding before.
The morning of the wedding Matt and I met Chantelle, Zach, and Janae' at the temple. The dress and all of the accessories were at our house so it was important that I deliver them. Chantelle got special permission to have me in the bride's room with her and Janae' so that I could lace up her dress. She definitely looked beautiful!

Bailee and Owen were the first ones to greet Chantelle and Zach after they came out of the Temple from the Ceremony.



My friend Lynette did all of the flowers and made these cute little mini veils for Bailee and Brianna.

Owen found a new best freind that week, Alex.
After all f the pictures at the temple, we headed over to Kathrine Albertson's park for more with he family. Thank goodness for Dave, he made a McDonald's run and picked up lunch for all of us at the park.
When pictures were done I had just enough time to take Matt and Owen home for a nap and pick up a few last things at the house and head to the church to finish up preparing the food for the reception and take care of a few last details. Lucky for me I found a wonderful lady to take care of most of the decorations, and my mom got us in touch with someone who made a fabulous cake. It was nice not to worry about those two details on that day. It was such a blessing to have reliable people to work with for the wedding.
Before I know it everyone was arriving for the family dinner, and then it was show time.
Zach's uncle is a DJ and did an amazing job at making this wedding fun for everyone!
By the end of the night, I was exhausted. At some point in the night I kicked off my shoes, because I was constantly running around to make sure things were taken care of.
This is what Emily and my feet looked like at the end of the night...disgusting.

Through all of this expeience I learned one main thing...when Bailee gets married, we are hiring a wedding planner! I am done planning weddings!

No comments: