Thursday, February 18, 2010

Confessions of a cook

So over the years I have really improved on my cooking. I have always enjoyed cooking and trying new things. I can make almost anything if I try and allow myself the proper amount of time.
However there are a few things that I can not make and fail almost every time I try. That is things out of a box! It has been a long standing joke at our house that I can't make Pasta Roni...believe me I have tried many times over the years and more often than not it fails. Well I have been keeping this one in the closet but after last nights disaster I think it is time to come clean. I can't make Jello either.
For those of you that were at last night's Blue and Gold Banquet and saw the jello mush and felt bad that no one took any (and I mean NO ONE) not even me. It was mine. Go ahead...Laugh because I am. Don't feel bad, I think it is hilarious.
So from now on I think that I will stick to making things from scratch and steer clear of the boxed foods. The only Jello you will find at my house is the jello that goes in Grandma's Lemon Cake.

3 comments:

Evans Family said...

Well, I suppose if you have to have a fault thats not a bad one to have. :) If it makes you feel better I had a roommate that started an oven mit on fire making Jello. haha As for the PastaRoni...its probably not completely you just that things from a box never taste as good as from scratch. :)

Janae' said...

I have the same problem!!!! I can't hardly make things from a mix either!! LOL.. Love it Tami :)

Karin said...

that's so funny....I still can't perfect the No Bake Cookie! Never had, and everytime I try, I get mad I wasted all the good ingredients. It's either a little dry or completely crumbly or too runny. But I make a mean Chicken Pot pie every bit is scratch! Love this post!
Love you!
Oh, and I can't do jello with fruit! There's a secret no one is sharing with us! And it's not ICE