Saturday, February 13, 2010

I love you...


Seven years ago Matt and I shared our first Valentine's Day and it was a day I will never forget. Matt had a dozen roses delivered to me at work and then surprised me with a few other sweet gifts when I got home. Because of our work scheduled we were not able to see each other that day. Matt was working grave yard that night so I went and heart attacked his room and delivered my gift so it would be there when he got home in the morning. I surprised him by being at his apartment when he got home. I hid in his office until he had seen all of my gifts and had read my card. At the end of what I wrote I told him to look out his bedroom door... I was standing there. It was in that moment that I knew that I was in trouble if this relationship didn't last. When he looked at me that morning I felt like I was going to melt. I didn't tell him then, but I want to tell him right then that I loved him.

I can't even describe how much love is in our home. But I can write a few things that I love about my wonderful husband.

I love that he calls me "love".
I love that he knows when to let me be and when I need to be hugged and taken care of.
I love that he can always bring me back to reality when I am being completely irrational, but waits until I have had a chance to be irrational for a bit. ( I am sure it is because it just makes him laugh)
I love that because of him I am becoming a person that I never dreamed I could be.
I love that he does what it takes to provide for our family.
I love watching him play with our kids.
I love that he is sensitive at times and will shed a tear or two when something is really important to him.
I love his willingness to serve the lord.
I love that he loves those he serves with all of his heart.
I love that he can always make me laugh and does his best not to make me cry.

I love you Matt. Happy Valentine's Day. I can't wait for the next seven years with you.



5 comments:

Janae' said...

That was sweet :)

Nancy Niederer said...

aww so sweet! I wish Jake knew when to "let me be", haha! glad you had a great day.

THE CORMELL FAMILY said...

that is sooooo sweet!

Kristin said...

That was so adorable. I love it! What a great post. :)

Karin said...

that was so sweet! I seriously teared up! You both are so great together! I just love your love for one another. I hope you have 70 years more!!