Friday, July 31, 2009

Dumb Blonde (moment)

Ok, so I was uploading all of our pictures from our Yellowstone vacation. I watched ALL of the pictures flash on my screen as they were "uploading". Was so excited to get them on the computer and on the blog. I recently learned that it is better for your SD card to format it rather than delete the pictures and so I formatted the card. Up to this point I had made TWO dumb blonde mistakes. 1) assuming that the pictures were on the computer since I saw them flash up on the screen 2) formatting the card with backing up the pictures. Oh man! What was I thinking! Here is what happened... My new camera makes HUGE picture files and I had used up ALL of the memory on my computer loading just the first two days worth of pictures (along with the rest up to this point) so only about half of the pictures really made it on the computer. I can laugh now about this... but it is only because we had loaded most of the pictures on Kelly's computer before we parted ways on our vacation. So they were able to burn me a CD. Plus I have had several weeks to get over my BIG DUMB BLONDE MOMENT. So needless to say I will not be posting any more pictures of our trip until we get more memory for our computer, and it will be a lot more memory. I know that I can put them up off of the CD, but I want to do some editing magic and can't do that with out being able to save as I go.

1 comment:

Karin said...

that stinks! I'm glad you can laugh about it!