Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A Visit With Friends

So finally after 3 MONTHS of waiting... Bailee got to see Bethany when we went down to SLC/American Fork. It was kind of funny, they both woke up so excited to see each other... but when they finally did they just stared at each other for a like 3 minutes. I finally coaxed them to go and play. It took a few minutes for them to warm back up. Before we know it they were back into their normal selves playing like crazy.



Kenneth and Melanie are such great friends they watched our kids for us for almost 8 hours so we could go and see DAVE RAMSEY LIVE! We went to lunch with Kenneth, Melanie and their girls at a cute little bakery in American Fork and then Matt and I met Terry and Deb in SLC at the arena. We enjoyed their company at Dave Ramsey Live. Matt and I had to make a little stop at Kohl's on the way back to Kenneth and Melanie's because I forgot our church clothes. It seems like every time we go out of town something of our church attire gets forgotten. In the past we have forgotten Matt's shoes, Matt's belt, and Matt's shirt. But never everything. Luckily I had all of our shoes, Matt's tie, Owen's clothes and a play dress for Bailee. Melanie let me borrow a skirt and Kenneth let Matt borrow a belt, so all we had to buy was a shirt and pants for Matt. He needed them anyway. When we got back Kenneth and Melanie had a BBQ ready and we enjoyed chatting and played a game of Catan after the kids were all in bed.






Kenneth and Melanie had Stake Conference on Sunday so we went with them. After we let the girls play a little while while Owen napped and then headed home.

Matt, Owen, Kenneth and Abby
The girls playing before church.
Playing out side with the girls. Melanie and I taught the girls how to play the bullfrog game. You know "Down by the banks of the hanky panky where the bullfrog jumps from bank to bank..."


We had such a great time with their family and can't wait to see them again.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I'm so glad that you guys came and stayed with us. It was so fun to see you. I hope we can get together in July. I hope you don't mind...but I stole a couple of the pictures from your blog!