Monday, March 9, 2009

Open and Shut

Yesterday at Primary, we had once again forgotten to assign the Opening Prayer. Bailee was having an unusually hard time sitting with her class and so I was sitting with her. (must have been the result of missing two Sundays in a row due to being out of town and being sick) So when they asked for a volunteer I asked Bailee if she wanted to say it. She did and she raised her hand so high. It was so cute. She was called on to say the prayer and did a really great job. Luckily it had the effect I was hoping for and she happily went and sat with her class without me.
After church I asked Bailee if she told Daddy what she did in Primary. This is what she said. "I said the open prayer! But I don't know who said the shut one." It took us a second to know what she meant, but I guess that "shut" and "close" are interchangeable words in our language. It is amazing how much these little kids know and understand and we don't even realize it.

1 comment:

Karin said...

That is hilarious!
She's such a cutie, I miss her