Sunday, March 29, 2009

Bailee's first ski trip

On Saturday, I took Bailee on her first snow skiing trip to Bogus Basin. She loved it!! She didn't want to go home. We got her fitted for skis and boots then we headed to the beginner area. She went up the magic carpet. She quickly learned how to do "Pizza" (Snowplow) and "French Fries" (Straight Skis). She went down the beginner area 4-5 times and decided that she was ready for the chair lift. She did such a great job. She wasn't scared at all. In fact she let me know several times that she didn't want to do "Pizza" she only wanted to do "French Fries" that way she could go fast. She told me "Dad I only want to go fast". She got to be pretty good as you will see in the videos. We had a really good time until they closed the lift down because of lightning. We waited in the lodge and ate some fries. We hoped it would stop but after it continued for a hour or so, we decided to head home.



Bailee w/ her skis

Bailee on the magic carpet


Bailee on the big girl slope.


Bailee and I in the lodge




Bailee eating her fries






Bailee skiing past me

She almost crashes

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I seriously just love these pics and videos - I can't believe how brave she is! She definately is adventurous!

Karin said...

No Way!
that is sooo cool. those pictures are so precious. What a fun Daddy Daughter Date. Matt I think you are the best Dad.
I couldn't get the videos to work all the way.
I wish I had a magic carpet when I was younger tubin'
This looks so much fun. I was shocked to think there is still snow around.

Amy said...

Oh my goodness! Those little skis are so cute! She is a natural!
Looks like you guys had fun!