Thursday, September 18, 2008

For Thy Bountious Blessings...

We give thee thanks Oh Lord.
It is sad to say that our garden didn't really take this year. But Matt's tomatoes always do well even this year when they didn't do as well as normal. We decided that despite the fact that we didn't get as much produce as usual that we were going to try out canning. We really haven't had an excuse not to can since Matt's mom let us have all of her canning stuff four years ago. We bought a bushel of peaches and canned sliced peaches and peach pie filling. Then we used the tomatoes from our garden and made spaghetti sauce and diced tomatoes. We also went over to a friend of ours to pick some jalapenos and I hope to do salsa this week. I even did some strawberry jam too. We have been busy... I am glad that weather cooled of for the week of canning. The house sure gets hot with all of the boiling water. One of our Tomato Harvests
Bailee helping Mom with the peach pie filling.
Peaches and Spaghetti Sauce
Yummy Peach Pie Filling.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

MMM if you made salsa I want some!! haha!

The Walkers said...

Good for you Tami! Woman after my own heart. :) I hope to get that much canning done next year. I'm going to hopefully spend this next winter gathering up as much canning stuff as possible so I'll be all ready. If you know of anyone who is giving away canning jars let me know! :)

cody said...

I am soo jealous! Wish I was with you when you canned! I would love to can with you! of course you are my little sister and learned to can before me! ha ha! :) Good for you Tam!! Love you Juls

cody said...

Ohhh and it looks so beautiful and tasty!!

MOM said...

Way to Go girl

Karin said...

very beautiful!
there is something about finishing and having all the jars out...some feeling I can't describe. I hate to put them away, but it's nice to finally get your counter space back!
I ordered 64lbs of Utah peaches!
I will be canning on Monday!
Wish you were here to hang in my kitchen with me!
Looks like peach pie for Thanksgiving! Hey~ you should fly down here for Thanksgiving. =)

Emily said...

Canning is alot of work but definitely yummy. Good for you to give it a try. I finally canned again this year for the first time in over 5 years. I should really do it more often. Also, I need your advice. What digital scrapbooking software do you use to create your header on your blog? I am not a scrapbooker so I am looking for some direction. Your blog is so cute!