Sunday, September 14, 2008

Bailee is 3!!

Wow! Where has the time gone? We can hardly believe that Bailee is 3 now. She had quite the birthday week. Her birthday was on Monday this year and we started it off with a birthday breakfast. I let her choose whatever she wanted to have... she of course chose pancakes. I decided that I would make it special by shaping them into 3's. It took me a few tries but I got the hang of it and she ate several of them. We let her have a friend party this year and so on her birthday she got to have 4 of her friends come over for a "Cars" party. I wanted to do a princess party but she chose "Cars". We started the party off by letting the girls decorate their own cardboard car. Then we went outside to play "red light green light" and have some races. They all had fun with that, even though I am not sure they quite understand the game.

Then it was back inside for gifts and cake. Bailee isn't a big cake eater, so I attempted to make my own ice cream cake. She loved it.

Then on Friday Matt's parents, Steph and Kelly came to town for Family pictures and to celebrate Bailee's birthday. So we had a little family party Saturday too. Bailee got EVERYTHING she wanted. It was like Christmas, she had so many gifts.

Bailee just started getting into the whole Disney princess thing. My mom gave her a set of princess dolls and this cute lunch box along with a few other fun toys and games.
Matt's parents got Bailee her own digital camera. Bailee has been quite the photographer for about a year now. So now she has her own and it is just like her friend Rylie's
(but it is her favorite color, orange) so she loves it.
She also got a scooter from us. Her friend Julianna has on like it and it has often been a fight over who gets to ride it. Bailee was so excited when we gave it to her. She didn't say anything, just got on it and started down the walkway.

We Love our little Bailee and are so glad that she was able to have such a fun birthday. Now it is time to get rid of some of the old toys... our house is overflowing.


4 comments:

Stephanie said...

We had lots of fun I can't wait to see everyone again next weekend.

Becca said...

Happy Birthday Bailee! She's a beautiful girl!

Karin said...

Oh my goodness, I wish I were there for her party. Looks like a total blast! I love the cardboard cards..you are so creative and energetic. I can't believe that awesome cake you made!!!! It has ice cream in it???? Wow you really are superwomen.
I'm glad she had such a great b-day.
Could it really be 3 years since your baby shower?!!!!!!!!!

Karin said...

PS you have to post your family pictures! YOu guys always have great ones...can't wait to see them