Sunday, April 6, 2008

Yeah! Confrence Weekend is Fianlly Here!

I always look forward to Conference weekend. I love hearing a Prophet of the Lord speak, but it always goes by too fast.
Saturday night I went to Ladies Night at Desert Book with my friend Krista and we met my Mom there. It is always so much fun to go and hopefully win prizes. I love getting to see so many people that I don't get to see very often.
Sunday we were going to go to my Mom's for Conference, but she was sick so we stayed home. We always have Biscuits and Gravy on Conference Sunday morning, but Matt doesn't like them so I started a new tradition and made Cinnamon Rolls in addition to Biscuits and Gravy for me. Then we also have Nachos for lunch, it is so fun to have things to look forward to on Conference.
Mom, thanks for the fun traditions.
Bailee said some of the cutest things this weekend. She has finally figured out who President Monson is, she had just started recognizing President Hinckley about a month be fore he passed. So every time she saw president Monson she would point him out in her Conference packet and tell us that it was President Monson. She also thinks that our neighbor Brian looks like Henry B. Eyring, so when she sees him she says "There is Brian!" We are working on that.
Bailee is still working on the potty training a little, so when she didn't quite make it to the potty on Saturday she said "My panties a little bit wet from watching the Prophet." Isn't it nice that she is using the Prophet as an excuse for not making it to the potty? Bailee helping Matt mow the lawn between Saturday Sessions.
A new tradition, Cinnamon Rolls!
An old tradition, Biscuits and Gravy!

5 comments:

Amy said...

We always do cinnamon rolls and orange rolls for conference too! But I cheat and do Rhodes Rolls instead of making my own! Much easier!:D

Karin said...

We followed the tradition as well.
So here's the funny thing! I almost made my Cinnabons!!!
But then I thought, hey, I will wait til I get my BOSCH!!!!
Your's look great, how did you eat all of those?

Karin said...

Brandon Mowed our lawn between sessions!
Are we related?

Angela said...

I love biscuits and gravy too. I think I'll be joining you in October! Fun traditions!

Jen said...

Those rolls look so yummy, I'd like to come to your house for conference!