Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving

For Thanksgiving this year we went to Matt's parents. We were able to spend five days there. We left on Tuesday night so that we could be there for the preparations on Wednesday.
On Wednesday Stephanie and I made pies and dessert. Steph made pecan pie and a pumpkin roll and I made a pumpkin pie. I also made rolls...it was an experience to say the least. I have made these rolls a few times before and even brought my Bosch mixer with me to Blackfoot to aid in the work. I used a different pan to cook the rolls in as well as a different kind of flour. Wow were those two BIG mistakes! It was a good thing that I made them on Wednesday instead of Thursday morning because they turned out horrible. We ended up making a last minute trip to Walmart (my least favorite place to go especially around the holidays) to get more ingredients. I stayed up late to make the new rolls which turned out beautifully after making those minor adjustments.
On Thursday we spent most of the day together as a family and preparing our feast. Grandma and Grandpa Hansen joined us. It was a very nice day. Matt took over as the "Turkey Carver" this year and Steph, Matt's mom and I took care of the rest of the details. I, of course made the green bean casserole (which the Hansen's had not had before I joined the family). It is now my official duty.
What a wonderful opportunity we have each year to set aside one day to offer our Father in Heaven thanks for all of the blessings in our lives.




2 comments:

Janae' said...

Wow, those rolls look so good.. I am so excited you are posting. I can't wait to see them all. New Years Eve is a great excuse to have to stay up late to blog eh... :) Love you girl..

Karin said...

Looks like fun...Did Owen sit in that chair for dinner? So cute he is in the picture. I want her table! That's awesome you all fit.
Your rolls look perfect!