Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Owen's First Birthday!

I can hardly believe that a whole year has passed since Owen was born. He is such a joy in our family and I couldn't imagine not having him. His first tooth barely broke through just before his birthday and he is getting closer to walking. He has just in the pas few days figured out that he can stand without holding on to something for a short time. He gets so excited and thinks it is funny. He had his 1 year check-up today and is still only 19 lbs. Our kids are just little.
For Owen's birthday we had a little party at our house for our family and a few close friends. Our house was packed with people that we love. I know that Owen won't remember, but it means so much to me that we have so many loved ones near us. I did a fire truck theme and tried my hand a decorating his cake with fondant icing. It is a little less messy so I made sure that he had a chocolate cake to dig into. I think the cake turned out pretty cute for my first attempt a fondant.
Owen loved his cake! He ate like half of it before I realized that he had slept through dinner and was starving. So he went to town on the cake. What a good mother I am to let my child eat half a cake without any nutrition in him before. Oops.
He was spoiled with gifts. Between Christmas and his birthday he has plenty of boy toys to last him until next year.




Yummy.

9 comments:

Janae' said...

Wow! I am so impressed. I have always wanted to make Fondant.. You amaze me every day Tami.. But your son is still cuter than the cake..

Stephanie said...

What a stinking cutie! I wish we were there! I can't believe that just last Christmas we were waiting for him - he's a GREAT addition to the fam!

Melanie said...

You are amazing! I love the cake, it turned out so cute! Did you teach yourself how to decorate cakes? I've always wanted to learn how! Owen looks so big and cute. We miss you guys!

crystal said...

Holy cow I can't believe that you made a fire truck that is awesome, you did a really good job. I can't believe that he is already one. My baby's turn is next in a couple of months. Time sure flies. Happy Birthday Owen!!!!

Chad and Becca said...

Hey Tami! I found your blog through Kim Hodges!!! I was so excited! Your kids are so darn cute!!! Are you still in Boise? Or have you moved! Feel free to add me to your friends links!

Nancy Niederer said...

The fire truck cake looked fantastic! Great job Tammy! I miss you! Take care...

Nancy

Becca said...

Tami, What a cute boy! It sounds like he had a great 1st birthday. I love the pictures of Bailee too. She is so beautiful. Is Jenny the imaginary friend still hanging around?

Karin said...

Wow! Martha! You earn the title now!
That is so perfect looking. I love that you gave him the entire truck. that is so cool.
A Little Too Much red #40 for both your kids first b-days...J/K!
I remember Bailee's darling ladybug cake too. You are such a fun mom!

Marcie said...

Hi Matt and Tami,

We found your blog- hopefully you don't mind us looking at it. Your kids are so cute, and we really enjoyed getting your Christmas card! If you don't mind emailing us (ryanandmarcie@q.com) we'll send you an invite to our blog. We hope you're doing great!
-Marcie & Ryan