Friday, May 23, 2008

Potty Training Blues

This is just for me so I can get my feelings out and sort out my thoughts.
So I thought that we were finally almost to the point that Bailee would go potty all on her own and we wouldn't have to remind her very often. Of course that was short lived and the roller coaster ride began again. This week has be horrible, must be a regression from me leaving for a week.
Utter frustration set in a few days ago and today I am feeling at an all time low as a Mom. All day I have been saying that I am going to get her diapers again. It kills me to do that since we haven't bought her diapers in about 9 months. I feel like it might be the only way to let me relax about the whole potty training thing and then let her tell us when she feels comfortable with the potty again. I fear that I have been to hard on her when she has an accident and have caused her to be afraid of the toilet. I think that we were doing so well with the reward system that after a bit we felt like she would be fine with out the rewards, but then she slowly regressed and instead of returning to the reward system we started punishing her.
I am so confused as to what I should be doing as a parent right now. At the moment I just want to climb in bed and cry and not get out until she is potty trained. I know that I need to be gentle and patient, but it is so hard when you know your child knows what to do and when. Or does she? May be a break form potty training is what we all need to let the tension out of the air in our home. So what if we have two kids in diapers, right. It is more important that we are a happy family and that our daughter knows that we love her even if she isn't using the potty.