Friday, May 7, 2010

Poor me....

I should be cleaning up before Matt gets home right now, but I just need to get out all of my feelings with out someone giving me advice.

These past couple of weeks with Bailee have been rough.

She now thinks there is nothing wrong with talking back...screaming at me and being extremely defiant. Along with this she has become very in touch with her creative side and is doing "craft" projects all of the time all over my house!!!! These projects are depleting my printer paper, used all of the staples in the stapler, lots of tape and lots of cutting. In case you don't know, that means lots of lit pieces of paper and string all over the place. Of course she never askes to do any of these projects, she just starts doing them when I am distracted.

My Mom watched the kids last night for us and so very sweetly washed all of the dishes, folded laundry and even vacuumed while we were gone. In the time that it took me to take a shower, the folded laundry became pile on the floor along with several miscellaneous toys, and you guessed it....Paper!!!! Ahhh I just want to scream and cry and hide in my room (which looks like my closet and garage threw up on it and has for weeks because I am constantly after Bailee to pick up her messes or am picking them up myself!). I know that I am not the most organized or the best house keeper, but I try my best. And when I try to be better or do some extra thing to help someone else it always seems to bite me in the butt!

To top it off Owen, our un-cuddly child has decided that he wants to be held about 30% percent of the time he is awake. Of course that includes while making all three meals and any time I stop playing whit them to do something productive. It seems that the only way I can get away from this is to have the TV on, but I don't want them watching TV all of the time!

I want so badly to be the "perfect" house wife and mom, you know the one who's house is clean and picked up other than a couple of toys at any given time no matter when you drop in, dinner is always done on time, FHE treats are made a 10 am, never raises her voice, and never has to complain to her husband about the kids or the house work. I want to be her....

7 comments:

Chad and Becca said...

I am so there with you! We all want to be that house wife! Keep it up and everything will be fine. Sometimes it's just a huge help to vent!

Evans Family said...

Well you said you didn't want advice so I will try not to give any. :) But, when you say you want to be perfect remember that your situation will always be changing. I have found that as soon as I figure Maddi out and how to make things in my house run more smoothly some new challenge comes along that throws it all into chaos again for a time. So, keep striving, knowing it will all be okay, somehow, someway, someday. If it makes you feel any better I think you are a great mom. :)

Carolyn said...

Don't feel like I'm giving you advice, because I've had many, many days just like those and I empathize (that's the only reason I'm saying anything at all). But I want to point out that in reality, those "perfect" house wives don't really exist. They all have a skeleton in their closet somewhere. Women so readily (me included) compare our difficulties/weaknesses to others' strengths. I haven't seen you forever, but I'm willing to bet you are doing an absolutely fantastic job as wife and mother. I have the same problem with the TV and crafty projects everywhere! Sometimes the TV seems necessary for a little bit of sanity!!! :-) I hope you kick back and enjoy your Mother's Day! Good Luck!

The VIPs said...

Tami- I'm pretty sure you're as close to the perfect Mother as you can get. Serious. : )

Nancy Niederer said...

pretty sure we have the same life girl! hang in there - good comes with the bad as well. trust me, you are not the only one having those feelings. I am sure this is one of those " the grass is always greener" things - we are much harder on ourselves than on other people, so it may seem that other moms have it all together, but NO ONE does ALL the time. Chin up - I think you and your kids are great!

Janae' said...

If you meet that perfect lady. Please don't introduce me or let her read my blog. I know we would not get along. :)

Kristin said...

Oh Tami, that sounds like a rough day! :( Hang in there. I have no idea what I am in for but this little taste you just gave me scares me! LOL. I hope your week gets better, oh and P.S......you are the perfect mom!